Friday, 2 March 2012

A Sweet Kick In The A**

What I need as of next week is:


Gotta get to the gym.  Gotta get to the gym!  I GOTTA GET TO THE GYM!!!!  Hint... I didn't make that cardio kickboxing class but I did shovel for almost an hour.

Plans for the weekend are attending a baby shower which I am furiously knitting for and cleaning the house.  I will plan for the gym on Sunday as my boyfriend is off to some hockey pool trade session.  Perfect timing to give myself that sweet kick in the a**!!

Comfort food this weekend is my a hashbrown casserole. I edited the recipe a bit to make it a one meal casserole...In a non stick skillet, I stirfry one cup of brocoli florets, one red pepper, and the onion.  I half cook a small bag of baby carrots in the microwave.  I add two cups of cubed cooked chicken breast meat to the stir fried veggies and then  I add two cans of low fat cream of celery soup and 1 1/2 cans of 2% milk (use empty soup cans to measure).  I add some herbs and pepper and simmer at low heat for maybe 5 minutes until soup and milk is smooth.  I stir in the half cooked carrots and transfer everything to a large casserole with a lid.  I sprinkle the hashbrowns on top and then top with cheese.  I bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, then remove the lid and broil for about 15 minutes at 400 degrees F until cheese begins to brown on top.  It is my family's favorite dish I have ever made so far.

The Sarcastic Klicker

No comments: