Thursday, 16 February 2012

Where's The Beans??

This delicious looking quinoa salad caught my eye yesterday while searching for a variation of my tex mex style salad.  While shopping for groceries, I mentally noted the things I had at home to make the salad.  In the vegetable aisle, I wanted to pick up a can of black beans.  Every kind of bean was there BUT the black beans!  I shoved the other cans aside and peeked behind them and they were out.  Who raided the black beans?  This item is usually in abundance on the shelves along with the kidney beans, chick peas and lentils!

At home, I unpacked the grocery bags and ran to the pantry which also yielded no black beans.  Making the salad last night was not possible without the beans.  My plan is to attempt it tonight once I make a stop elsewhere for black beans and cat litter.

My son and I are having a cleaning party tonight.  We blast the tunes and pick up everything that is not in its place in the house.  It's quite the workout because we have four flights of stairs in the house.  Saturday, the house will be ready to get it's weekly thorough cleaning.  Wash the floors, dust, clean washrooms, vacuum, etc...

My nose is detecting an early spring.  The sun is out, the birds are singing and they closed the Rideau Canal because of the mild weather.  They forecast a mild weekend too!

I'm off for a lunchtime walk to a local yarn shop and since I am on a yarn diet, I will not say that I am buying yarn but I shall show you before I publish this post.

Fortissima Socka Mexiko Color in this shade

Adriafil After in Color 57

The quantity of purchase is a secret.

The Sarcastic Klicker

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Heh :) I ended up buying a ball of yarn too, but it was for work! It's that god awful frilly scarf stuff ;) They want me to learn to use it so I can do a demonstration of it in the store.

Quinoa salad isn't hard... you can make endless variations of it. I just toss in whatever veggies are in the house. If it's more of a tomato-onion-eggplant mixture, then I add cheese. Sometimes I add salsa verde... I just toss in whatever looks good :)

SarcasticKlicker said...

I know quinoa salad is not hard.. I just wanted to make THAT recipe in the link. I got the beans now. lol I'll be making it tonight for my weekend lunches.