Sunday, 26 February 2012

Owlie Productions

My progress on my Owlie baby projects is awesome!  My Owlie Sleep Sack is completed!



The Owlie Cardigan is growing quickly and should be completed soon...The back is knitting up and I am now working on the left front.  I hope to finish the front this evening.



My Aunt Claire's socks are coming along nicely and are great for the bus rides to and from the office.  I am currently turning the heel on the first sock


My weekend has been full of niceness!  My boyfriend drove me to Wool Tyme... my first trip there ever.  OMG!  I've never seen so much yarn!  I ran through the store as fast as I could and took into account as much as I could.  Next time, I'll go without my boyfriend so I don't feel like I'm wasting his time.  That way, I can spend an exorbitant amount of time yarn browsing and dreaming up designs for each skein in each color.  I bought some as a present to a friend and limited myself to one skein of sock yarn from ONline in purple hues.  I was looking for alpaca sock yarn to knit my boyfriend some socks.  We didn't have enough time to look as they were closing soon.  As my boyfriend said... it's a good thing he was there because I could have come out of there with much more.  My restraint from taking a lot home was very difficult.


Then we went to a Chinese Buffet place on Hazeldean in Kanata.  They had so much to choose from and I ate plenty of chicken and vegetables.  My fortune cookie (which, thankfully this time I was able to avoid eating the fortune itself) contained the message that my greatest fortune was to be blessed with many friends.  It is truthful!  I am blessed with many wonderful friends!

We then rolled our stuffed bodies out of there to the movie theatre where we saw Ghost Rider:  Spirit of Vengeance 3D.  My honest opinion?  No so good.  Some of the effects were good but I've seen Nicholas Cage in better movies.  A bunch of kids were sitting behind us in the movie theatre and I believe I got the back of my seat kicked 50 times or more while they were play fighting.  After a couple of evil glares their way (which of course, I didn't realize until later that I had 3D glasses on so, I must not have looked all that mean), they settled down but I was very close to going to get the door person to remove them from the theatre.  At their level of maturity, they should have been in a Chipmunks or Muppets movie.

Then we relaxed at home... me with my knitting and my boyfriend with hockey.  My boyfriend is a total hockey fan.  He can watch three games in a row.  To tell you the truth, I don't mind because it gives me unlimited knitting time!  I'm happy our hobbies compliment each other so well!

This morning, I met my Kanata Knitting Group and was elated to see a friend I had not seen since last summer.  She looks great too!  I missed her bubbly smiling personality and I hope to see her again soon!

Remember that storm we were waiting for last Friday?  It hit and it hit HARD!  We got a huge amount of heavy snow in two hours and this caused over 200 accidents in our city including one on the highway near my town where they had to close the road for quite some time.  It took me an hour and forty-five minutes to get home and it was a scary, slippery drive.  This picture, courtesy of CTV News Ottawa shows the beginning of the storm...



Now, I am off to watch our Ottawa Senators play the NY Islanders.  My boyfriend won tickets to the game therefore he is currently watching the game live with a friend and you guessed it!  More knitting time for me!

The Sarcastic Klicker

No comments: