Wednesday, 29 February 2012

I Hugged A Scale Today

Lately, the subject of fitness has been avoided.  I am quite enjoying getting home, making a nice healthy meal without rushing, spending time with my kids and the knitting!  I have not knit so much in years.  It's not that I am lazy because I actually miss the gym too but I don't miss the rush to get there.  In the end, I decided to dedicate February to eating healthy and walking a little more than usual.  Let's focus on one small thing at a time.

Yesterday morning, I got on the scale and I was below the dreaded 160!  I saw 159!!  This was close to 5am..  For some ungodly reason, I was wide awake at 5am and while emptying my blatter, the scale was staring at me.  I had not been on it in over two weeks because I didn't like the last number the scale showed me.  This morning, at 6am, I got on it again just to be sure that yesterday was not a dream.  159 for a second time!!!  This gave me hope!  There is life after 160!  I picked up the scale and hugged it!  YES!



Thursday is March 1st... the first day of the month.  What better way to begin the month with a drop-in class?  According to the gym schedule, it is a Cardio Kickboxing class at 7pm.  Allright, I never really liked kickboxing... I punch like a girl and my kicking height has lowered somewhat since I took Jiu-Jitsu at 20yrs of age.  Well, I shall give it a go and report back here.

The Sarcastic Klicker

1 comment:

Lynne said...

OOOOOH EXCELLENT!!!!!! Well done, you! I'm so happy for you! That's my dream number - 160 :)

The scale and I aren't speaking to each other currently. I've been having trouble with the whole eating disorder bit again, and I'm up to 285 :( bleh.

Rob being here will help somewhat, I hope.