Thursday, 23 February 2012

Fortunate Glutton

Did I ever mention that I love cookies?  In addition to chocolate, cookies are a weakness of mine.  This morning, we had fortune cookies on our desk with messages inside reminding us about security in the office.  I thought it was a cool way of sending a message out to employees and as a bonus, it was a cookie! 

It didn't take me long to open the first one, read the message and devour the cookie.  YUM!  A few minutes later, while reading emails, I opened the second cookie and took a big bite.  Double YUM!  Still reading emails and chewing on the cookie, it felt a little pastier in my mouth.  Then it dawned on me!  The fortune!  OH MY GAWD!  I had a pasty fortune in my mouth!  To make matters worse, someone showed up at my desk with a question and I had a mouthful of cookie and pasty paper!  It's a good thing the question needed a yes or no answer!  I nodded, waited until the person left, and grabbed a napkin to rid myself of the pasty mess.  I'll never know what the second message was inside the cookie.  I suppose this makes me a fortunate glutton!

My horoscope this morning looked promising.  It said that I was to look forward to travel and romance on the weekend!  Woohoo!  I asked my boyfriend if he had any surprises planned for me.  He responded "Yeah... a romantic movie and a trip to a yarn shop."  Hmmm!  The horoscope was dead on!

Again, I am pictureless today but I don't believe I showed you this pretty scarf I knit a while ago.  It is a Cables and Lace pattern from Estelle Yarns which is free online and is recommended for the Mille Colori yarn.  I made it with James C. Brett Marble Chunky yarn and it turned out beautifully!  I love wearing it as it adds so much color to my bland back coat.




According to our forecast, we are expecting big amounts of snow tomorrow and Monday.  Mr. Willie the groundhog may have been wrong about predicting an early Spring.  Fortunately, it's still very mild out there!  Three degrees celcius is in the forecast today.

OC Transpo, our transit service, is under new management!  It will be interesting to see what changes will happened under John Manconi.  I'm crossing my fingers that they will be positive.  The service has received lots of negative feedback in the recent years.  It was time something was done, both for the residents of the city and the employees of OC Transpo.

Lunchtime!  I'll now devour a healthier meal than fortune cookies.  A homemade chicken salad with Mango Chipotle dressing.

The Sarcastic Klicker

2 comments:

Lynne said...

The salad sounded good, up until the mango dressing (allergic to mango). Kari and I rocked the gym tonight and I am now sore LOL

SarcasticKlicker said...

Cool! Glad you made it to the gym! YAY! At least it's a good sore! I like that kind of sore... it reminds me that I worked hard. My workout tonight is shovelling.

I loooove mango.... I even buy the PC Mango Lime salsa! :o)