Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Blog For Comfort...

This morning while driving to the bus station, I almost turned around and went back home to bed.  I'm not feeling the hottest... cramping... bloating... nausea...  But, I pushed on and made it to the office.

A nice hot steaming bowl of beef barley soup is sitting on my desk and I feel like wrapping myself in a blanket and knitting.  I am wrapped in a nice warm wooly cardigan and I'll blog about some of the projects I've put in my favorites on Ravelry.

Sunnyside


This sweet baby cardigan called Sunnyside caught my attention when a knitting friend posted a picture of it completed.  This smart little design was created by Tanis Lavallée who runs Tanis Fiber Arts.  Her patterns and yarns inspire my creativity.  The Sunnyside cardigan is perfect as I can pick out sock yarn for it.


February Lady Sweater


February Lady designed by Pamela Wynne, has been on my todo list for at least three years. Each time I see it in my favorites I love it as much as the first time I set eyes on it. The lace and the flared open front caught my attention on this one.  One day it will be on my needles.  Recently, I discovered that it can be knit with Briggs & Little Heritage and looks awesome!


Custom Knits


I've had this book in my collection for a few years and have yet to knit anything out of it.  So many favorites out of this including:

Favorite Cardigan


If ever my body looks this sexy again...

Jewel


Looks awesome in a sparkle yarn!

Lettuce Cardigan


That color is awesome and long cardis hide the butt.

This last book brings to mind another book that I own.  One that oozes patterns that I want to make.


French Girl Knits


As you can tell, I favor the fitted knits that then flair....

Louisa



Stella



Simone


My comfort level is restored, my soup bowl is empty and lunchtime is over.  I feel better now.

The Sarcastic Klicker

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Glad you're feeling better! I like flaring designs too :) They really do tend to hide the butt pretty well :)

Oh, and good news! I have my first session with the trainer on Friday! :D

SarcasticKlicker said...

YAY Lynne! I'll be thinking of you on Friday! I can't wait to read all about it! :o) Go Lynne Go!!

from your #1 fan.