Friday, 7 January 2011

10 cm!!! Whhaaat????

Yesterday, I distinctly heard the weather guy say 2 to 4 centimetres of snow today! Yes, my memory is failing in some areas of my life but definitely not when it comes to weather. So tell me, Mr. Weather guy. How does 2 to 4 cm suddenly amounts to 10 cm????

You know, I was really really loving the fact that we barely had snow, I didn't break my back shoveling yet and it has been basically above -10 degrees celcius! This is almost spring like weather here in Ottawa. This morning, -16 degrees, very windy and snowing! Usually when it snows, it hovers at -5 degrees or above. If the wind keeps up, I'll be shovelling and the snow will blow right back in my face! People tell me to shovel the snow on the opposite side. I share a double driveway with a neighbor... If I follow that piece of advice, I'll be covering her car in snow! I'm sure she would be impressed! So, yes, I can only throw the snow in one direction and lucky me, it's the direction the wind comes from. It is not supposed to come from the South but because I live in a dead end street the wind whips around and creates mini tornadoes. This is why my driveway gets the big snow drifts too.

Days like these, I wish I would have stayed in my pj's, with coffee and knitting just to watch the snow fall.

This is the winter scene our 10 cm of snow painted today.




Verbo ESTAR

Presente
Estoy
Estás
Está
Estamos
Estáis
Están

Pretérito Perfecto Simple
Estuve
Estuviste
Estuvo
Estuvimos
Estuvisteis
Estuvieron

Futuro
Estaré
Estarás
Estará
Estaremos
Estaréis
Estarán

K.

No comments: