Friday, 24 September 2010

Family Fall YMCA Challenge





It's been a while since my last post and to tell you the truth, it was a pretty depressing one! I must have been PMSing.

After years of guilt for not being able to afford classes for my kids, I took the bull by the horns and got a family membership at our local YMCA. Three weeks in, I believe it's the best decision I've ever made! Yes, I have to scrimp and save to be able to afford the monthly fee but it is well worth it.





I thought getting home, making dinner, helping with homework, cleaning up was a challenge. This new schedule with 3 evenings spent at the YMCA is an even bigger challenge!

Tuesday - NHL Street hockey for my son / Gym workout or drop-in class for me

Wednesday - Salsa for my daughter and I

Thursday - Junior Fitness Club for my son / Hooping for me

Sunday - Swimming lesson for my daughter / Workout for me / Public swim for all three of us




I LOVE IT! My energy level is so much higher!! Yes, I have to run like a maniac to get meals prepared in advance for the following evening, do dishes and help with homework but the main thing is our household is so much more positive! :o)
Until next post...
K.

No comments: