Monday, 9 March 2009

UGH!

Yesterday while cleaning out my photos, I was suddenly struck with some form of stomach flu. No warning, no cramps, nothing. Out of the blue, I started feeling nauseous, dizzy and within 5 minutes, I was in the washroom with violent diarrhea. I felt queasy and weak. Then I started shiverring and was very cold. My BF was surprised at how sudden this was. I wrapped myself in a blanket and was even too weak to pick up my knitting. For an hour, I felt dizzy, weak and nauseous. This is one of the rare times where I turned into a fearful wuss and told my BF "This is not right... something is not right". I don't like being sick and rarely admit to not feeling strong enough to do something. It was so scary. I felt powerless and drained and there was nothing I could do about it.

This had all started around 11h30am and I had slept in that morning (probably due to the time change) and not eaten breakfast. Thinking that toast would somewhat settle my stomach, I ate a couple. The nauseousness disappeared after a half hour, but I was still feeling extremely weak. I picked up my knitting (The SENS Sweater) and just watched hockey with my BF for a few hours.

The weather was beautiful so the kids were outside playing with friends all afternoon. I don't think I could have handled them being in the house... "I'm hungry! I'm bored! MOOOOOOMMM!!! He won't let me on the computer!!"

Finally, by 5pm, I mustered enough strength to make dinner and continue doing the laundry I had started earlier that day. I managed to eat a tiny portion of food and bread for dinner and then finish laundry.

On the bright side, I did get a good four inches of knitting done. :o)



Otherwise, my weekend was very productive. Friday evening, I totally finished re-organizing my yarn stash.



Saturday, my room was a mess again as I sorted through a gazillion pictures and momentos. Lucky enough I had just about finished cleaning it up by the time the stomach flu hit on Sunday.

Today, I'm still queasy and weak but I made it to the office. I may leave early as I feel extremely tired and I could fall asleep in a minute.

Time to get back to work...

Until next post...

K.

No comments: