Thursday, 8 January 2009

Enough Already!

This snow, no city buses and 3 hour drive into work story is getting old.

I understand, city bus drivers are allowed to fight for their rights. But what about the people who can't afford extra gas and parking? Like me! This is an additional $400 out of my pocket! Monthly! I have to cut on food for my family (I am a single mother of two), no money for coffee at the office or allowance for the kids, none to buy salt for my icy driveway, etc. etc. I've cut everything out except for the bare necessities! No lottery tickets, no gifts for my nieces' birthdays in December... This is sad!

Excuse my venting but spending an average of 5 hours a day in a car is not my idea of commuting to work. 5 hours! I could be past Quebec city on my way to New Brunswick!!

These are the roadways. The second picture is traffic going home!





Knitwise, I did nothing last night as after driving 2.5 hours to pick up my son, we went to the gas station, cleared the ice off the wipers and windhield and gased up, went to do a bit of grocery shopping and drove home. When I got there... HOLY CRAP! Total déjà vu from last year! A snow drift up to my waist in my driveway.

With one fifteen minute break, it took me 1 hour and a half to shovel and drive the car in the garage and unload the groceries. After all that? It was 9:30pm!

My poor son had a bowl of cereal for dinner and a banana. :o( Then off to bed for him. I put the groceries away, checked my son's school work and then chatted with my BF for 20 min. and I was off to bed.

Up at 5am again this morning to get ready for the 6am departure. I made it to the office by 7:55am... just under two hours.

Tonight? The agenda is to play a game with my son and then update blogging pics.

Until next post...

K.

No comments: